Home  
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Log in or create a new MyGrange account
Keyword / Search: 
Due to COVID-19 Stay Home Mandates - CALL Before Attending Grange Events
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
Around The Grange
Coventry Grange: Oldest continually used Hall in the State
  APRIL 2009 --

At a recent meeting of Coventry Grange #75, State Representative Joan Lewis presented Master Lucy Smith Haloburdo, who accepted on behalf of the Grange, a framed citation in recognition of the Grange Hall being the oldest continually used hall in the State of Connecticut.

The Coventry Grange received its charter from the Connecticut State Grange in 1888 and purchased the hall in 1890 and it has been used ever since for regular Grange meetings and other community events.

It was also noted that the first pay telephone in Coventry, Connecticut was installed by Southern New England Telephone (SNET) on the east, outside wall of the Grange Hall, for public use in 1949.

 
 
 
 Related Photos
Click an image to view the larger photo
 
 
 

 
     
     
       
© 2020 The Connecticut State Grange. All Rights Reserved.