Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Log in or create a new MyGrange account
Keyword / Search: 
Due to State COVID Mandates - CALL Before Attending Grange Events


Legislatively Speaking
Legislatively Speaking: Resolutions are needed for State Session

By Alma Graham, CT State Grange Legislative Director

  June 1, 2021 --

Has your Grange started working on your resolutions for this upcoming session? Covid restrictions are being reversed and life is starting to get back to our normal.   It is looking like we will be able to have an in-person State Grange session this October. Last year we had very few resolutions, but we still had lively discussions on some of them.

This past year your Grange had to adapt  to  some  new  ways to conduct your meetings and activities. Is there something that you discovered that you would like to continue doing.  Things such as collecting the annual word, format of the meetings or other adjustments we made in the conduct of the meetings.  Maybe this is the time to write a resolution to recommend making some of these adjustments permanent, especially if they require by-law changes.  We use resolutions to communicate concerns about local, state and national issues. We also can use resolutions to suggest refinements to processes and programs in the Grange.

The response to Covid changed the priorities of many during this last year. People worked from home and it brought to the forefront the importance of our ‘first responders’ from medical to grocery store clerks. Resolutions can be used to thank those who stepped up for our safety. The National Grange has pins that they sell to recognize and thank these hardworking groups. Write a local resolution thanking someone and present them with the pin.

Resolutions you plan on sending to State Grange for further action should be submitted to your Pomona first if possible. The Pomona will review and take action on the resolution then send the adopted ones on to State Grange. Remember resolutions must be presented by a Grange, an individual cannot submit a resolution directly to State Grange.

If   you need any help with your resolutions, you can contact any member of the Legislative Committee.

There is also information on how to write a resolution on the Grange Website, ctstategrange.org.

Look  under Grange  Information

-          State Grange Information

-          How to Write a Resolution.

(http://www.ctstategrange.org/ HowtoWriteResolution.asp)



© 2021 The Connecticut State Grange. All Rights Reserved.